Updated November 21, 2019
AMP Media, LLC is committed to respecting your privacy and recognizing your need for appropriate protection and management of Personally Identifiable Information you share with us.
For the purposes of GDPR, we are both the data controller and the data processor, on behalf of our clients.
1. What Information We Collect
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate our Site and the Service. In connection with certain aspects of the Service, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users.
When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be personally identifiable information, such as your username, password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account and providing personal information to us, you allow others, including AMP Media, LLC, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Service or our Sites, but only when we feel such information is important to you and/or to your use of the Service or Sites.
The Service allows users to create smartURLs. AMP Media, LLC collects and stores the URLs and related information you submit to the Service, and, if you have an Account and are logged in, that information may be associated with your Account.
Metrics and Performance Statistics:
AMP Media, LLC collects and tracks metrics and performance statistics relating to use of the Service, and AMP Media, LLC may use these metrics and statistics to generate analytics.
This information may include, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the URLs provided through the Service; (ii) the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access; and (iv) information about sharing of the URLs on third party websites. These metrics and analytics may be used by AMP Media, LLC and its partners to improve their websites and services and to conduct market research.
Information Collected From Third Party Services:
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
AMP Media, LLC automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Service or the Sites, including your IP address and cookie information. This information may be used for Service functionality, to help us understand how users access a website, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Service or the Sites and for other similar purposes.
2. How We Collect and Use Information About You
We collect personally identifiable information, such as email address and usernames, only when you provide it to us. If you do not wish for your personally identifiable information to be used or collected, please do not submit it to us. Whether or not you choose to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to use certain services, offers, and content on our Sites, or that may be available by using the Service.
Our web servers may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, including the web page from which a visitor enters our Sites, which pages a visitor visits on our Sites, and on some Sites, how much time a visitor spends on each page. We aggregate this information and use it to evaluate and improve our Sites and Service.
We also collect and use IP address information to provide the Service, specifically, we use geographical indicators in the IP address of internet users accessing a URL through the Service to identify the destination to which the URL resolves.
Our primary goals in collecting information from and about you are to:
- provide you with the all features and functions of the Sites and the Service;
- provide Users with superior service
- provide all visitors a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our Sites and/or Service.
We may also use non-personally identifiable information on an aggregated and anonymous basis to analyze customer behavior and to help us understand how visitors use our Sites and Service and to measure interest in the various pages. We use this information to gather statistical information, improve the content of our Site, to make our Site easier to use, and to customize our advertising.
For traffic originating from the EU, we will assume that the user has not consented having their behavior tracked for advertising purposes.
For traffic originating outside the EU, we will assume that the user, by use of our services, has consented to having their behavior tracked for advertising purposes.
We may also use information relating to use of the Sites and the Service on an anonymous and aggregate basis for research purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to develop new products or services. When your information is used for such purposes it will be used anonymously and will not be tied to your personally identifiable information.
We may use personally identifiable information to communicate with you about the Sites or the Service, to provide you with marketing and promotional information that we believe may be of interest to you, and for billing and customer service purposes.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect personally identifiable information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
smartURL is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). More information about AWS’s Cloud Security practices is available at https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
We urge you to keep any password for use of the Service and/or Sites in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to the Sites or your use of the Service.
4. How to Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected or stored, please do not submit it to us.
5. Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site or Service such as processing credit card transactions, sending emails, and fulfilling customer service requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in the following circumstances:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Sites’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavor to contact you in the event of any of these transactions, but we do not promise to do so.
6. Links to Third Party Sites
7. Policy Changes
To improve the services it can offer you, AMP Media, LLC may opt to expand its capabilities for obtaining information about users in the future. AMP Media, LLC will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online through ours Sites and Service, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our Sites or using the Service.
8. Questions or Feedback